Saturday, February 27, 2010

Which should I do first: Paint walls or poly a wood floor? I'm worried about paint getting on the floors. ?

I would like some protection on the raw wood floors but is painting first the wisest thing to do? I will be using a sprayer on the walls and baseboards.Which should I do first: Paint walls or poly a wood floor? I'm worried about paint getting on the floors. ?
put a plastic sheet on the floor and start painting from the top down -- if you are using a sprayer there will be paint mist everywhere so make sure the floor is entirely covered. By doing the painting first you ensure that if an accident does occur and you get some paint on the floor you can sand it off without having to refinish the entire floorWhich should I do first: Paint walls or poly a wood floor? I'm worried about paint getting on the floors. ?
I think that you need to choose your furniture first, and then you can paint. If you are moving your furniture back into the same room then you should go ahead and paint first and then do the floor
ok, I would cover the entire floor with drop clothes, wall to wall, then paint the walls, then do the floor.
paint first for sure

No comments:

Post a Comment