Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How can I remove paint from my tile floor?

I was painting the walls and some ofthe paint got on the tile floor.How can I remove paint from my tile floor?
If the paint you used was latex, alcohol is the solvent for dried latex, and should not damage the tile.How can I remove paint from my tile floor?
try some turpentine on it. (don't use too much though, just a few dribbles.)


first use an old spatula an carefully scrap out as much of the dry paint as you can. don't go too hard or you might scratch your tiles.


then apply some turpentine on a dry cloth then apply some preasure on the stains and rub them out. if that does not work, then try the same thing with some gasoline. not too much though( it smells awful. )


good luck.
there is some stuff called Goof-Off that works really well. It comes in a couple of forms - chemical and bio-degradable(?). If you acn't find that, try mineral spirits or acetone.
Use a product called Goo-Gone or Goof-Off. They are citrus oil based, and work GREAT!
paint thinner
If its latex water and scrub brush.Other paint use the finest steel wool you can find.00 or 000 thats the grade of the steel wool.Take my word it works .Glass,chrome,tile.

No comments:

Post a Comment