Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How do I prep and repair holes/chips to paint an interior concrete floor?

I will need to remove the adhesive from the floor when I remove the 12x12 peel and stick tiles. What is best to use to fill the holes created when I removed the carpet tack strips from the floor, small cracks, and quarter sized imperfections from the concrete.How do I prep and repair holes/chips to paint an interior concrete floor?
You'll need first to tap lightly with a light hammer around all the holes and cracks to remove any loose cement. This makes the holes/cracks slightly bigger but its your safest bet against more coming off.





Then use a mix of cement and lime of about 1:4 (1 cement, 4 lime) or 1:3 and fill up the holes/cracks. Apply with a wide 3';-4'; scraper making sure to keep the work as level as possible with the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment