Saturday, February 27, 2010

Can I paint or stain my chipboard kitchen floor?

I though I'd try to stain it and then finish it with water-based floor polyurethane. Will this give it enough protection for a heavy-use area? Also, do I need to sand the chipboard? And if I try to stain it in sections (ie: making 'diamond' shapes to resemble tiles) will the stain seep under the painter's tape and mess up the next 'tile'? Many thanks for your answers!Can I paint or stain my chipboard kitchen floor?
Chipboard will stain, but i'm not so sure you'll be able to ';diamond pattern'; it, as chipboard will soak up stain and ';bleed'; into the next diamond shape. Why not buy some vinyl flooring and cover it instead, saving a lot of hard work and will probably cost the same amount. You can buy off-cuts of vinyl flooring from carpet shops and even DIY stores.





Hope this helps and have a good day ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment