Saturday, February 27, 2010

I have a concrete floor should i paint and then sealed or otherwise?

is a very old floor looks like crapI have a concrete floor should i paint and then sealed or otherwise?
First paint and then seal.


To start, be sure your floor is completely clean of all debris, so sweep and/or vacuum it well. If necessary clean off any grease and contaminants with the appropriate cleaning solutions. In order to get the paint to adhere correctly to the concrete you need to roughen it up a bit, this is called etching. Then you can apply your concrete paint. When the painting process is finished and it's dry, you can apply your concrete sealer to keep it looking fresh and enhance the longevity and durability.


For other information on flooring you can check my source site.I have a concrete floor should i paint and then sealed or otherwise?
I painted the concrete floor in my kitchen showroom 3 years ago; it was the best thing I have done in a long time. The floor looks great, takes alot of abuse, and is zero maintenance. I scraped it clean, rolled on a base coat, then rag rolled 4 other accenting colors, and then 2 clear coats. Here is a link to a photo: http://www.glasscreek.com/ (bottom photo).
They make specific paint kits for concrete floors. Go to your local hardware store and see what they have available. There are many colors and patterns available. My concrete floor is mauve with speckles.

No comments:

Post a Comment