Thursday, February 25, 2010

How do I remove spray paint from the linoleum floor in my kitchen?

I was spray painting some items in my small apartment--Yes I know you shouldn't spraypaint indoors but I did it anyway-- When I lifted the newspaper that I was spray painting on I notice that a thin layer remained on the kitchen floor around the area that was covered. What is the best way clean my floor?How do I remove spray paint from the linoleum floor in my kitchen?
It's just overspray, so it won't be a thick layer. You can use some Comet mixed with warm water, or you can use a citrus degreaser like goo gone or something similar. It shouldn't take too much scrubbing to get it off. Just double check that the degreaser is Linoleum safe. I just did the same thing on my garage floor which has an epoxy coat. The paint came up fine.How do I remove spray paint from the linoleum floor in my kitchen?
try using mineral spirits or vasoline

Report Abuse



rubbing alcohol and scrub
try non-acetone nail polish remover, it worked on mine without messing up the floor
My painters get latex and spray paint on the linoleum floors in my rentals all of the time. I use GoofOff which immediately removes it without scratching off the shine or damaging the floor. You can get it at most discounters and home improvement stores.

4 comments:

  1. going to try it right now...thank you all very much. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spray painted a 3x4 foot DIY chalkboard wall for my toddler. Yes, I went against the "rules" and sprayed indoors of my teensie apartment. Black dust ruined my daughters highchair try. So I thought..... 409 didn't work, nail polish remover didn't work.
    COMET WAS THE MIRACLE. use powder comet with a light spritz of water. If you don't use comet, MR CLEAN MAGIC ERASER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys I taught I was just after running my floor. Have praypainted a door and I think the hallway floor may have some issues from it. Just gonna leave every settle and try a few things. Wish me luck!!

    ReplyDelete