Thursday, February 25, 2010

How do I get dried paint off my concrete floor in my garage???

I have just complete painting the inside of my house and have been working out of my garage. Unfortunately I was not as careful when pouring the paint in the paint in the garage and didn't think until afterwards to cover the concrete floor.





Can anyone help with how to get dried water based paint and primer off my floor?? I've tried scrubbing with Greased Lightning but it doesn't do any good. HELP!How do I get dried paint off my concrete floor in my garage???
Concrete and Masonry Paint Stripper by removall or sandblast.How do I get dried paint off my concrete floor in my garage???
use a scraper, but itll probably have a mark where the paint has dried. like a lighter color of the garage floor. that maybe due to the paint pulling out the dirt from the pores of the floor
Use paint thinner or mineral spirits. Most hardware stores also carry paint stripper and spill clean up products. Any of these should take the paint off of a smooth finish cement floor.
muriatic acid has little or no effect on paint, try some zip strip and a 4 inch putty knife. may take a bit of elbow grease. may take 2 applications also...
The best solution is to buy a wire wheel that fits into the chuck of an electric drill. Use the wire wheel to remove the paint, but keep in mind that it will also remove dirt and grime and it will be obvious that the area has been cleaned.





Solvents so not work well on rough concrete as they tend to spread the dissolved paint and make an even bigger mess.





A power washer will also do the trick, but will be messy in an enclosed area. It will also be expensive to rent if you do not already one one.





Good luck with your paint spill problem.
Try,';Goof Off';. Or, just pressure wash it off.
use a Little muratic acid, let it 'work' a few minutes, rinse with water and soda, and repeat if nesisary





stone masons use it frequently...brick layers, geologists... its prety handy stuff
You stated that it was water based paint, so use warm water, with a scraper and scrub brush. Chemical paint removers, and mineral spirits do not work well on water based paint. Good luck.
Get a power washer and it will come off very easily. You will end up doing the entire garage floor and probably your sidewalks because it cleans all the old dirt out of them. They look brand new!

No comments:

Post a Comment