Thursday, February 25, 2010

How do I preparer a living room floor to paint its concrete. I have removed the carpet and pad?

Just make sure it's dust free and you've removed all glue and pad. DON';T PAINT!!!! you want to put a couple coats of concrete stain, go to home depot and bher carries an excellent concrete stain, it's water based and should be all right for your interior. good luck. We don't have any concrete living room floors here in New England, I use this around pools and sidewalks for my clients, been using for 10 yrs with very good results. good luckHow do I preparer a living room floor to paint its concrete. I have removed the carpet and pad?
First of all all the residue from the carpet...( Glue ) needs to be removed...then cleaned ...then depending on the type of paint not much more....the paint can will have recommended prep for the floor....Use a paint that is for concrete floors.... If you use an acid base cleaner or Muriadic acid make sure you nuteralize it with vinager...or the acid will keep eating away at the floor...

No comments:

Post a Comment