Thursday, February 25, 2010

Im an artist. I have splattered acrylic paint over my tile floor and on the walls. How can I remove it?

Someone mentioned using ';Goof-off'; for the walls. Can I use bleach for the floors?





Any suggestions?





Thanks!Im an artist. I have splattered acrylic paint over my tile floor and on the walls. How can I remove it?
DO NOT USE BLEACH. This can really mess things up, it'll look worse than paint splatters.


Scrape off any big thick blobs with a scraper like you use to get ice off a wind shield, or pallet knife. If you are lucky once you have a blob started you might be able to peel the rest up. Then anything else that's thinner, use a gentle scouring method, maybe try to use a plastic based scouring pad, or an old fashioned kitchen/bathroom (bleach free) cleaning powder. Carefully little by little try to scrub the paint off. It should break up and come away with very minimal/no damage to the surface it's on.Im an artist. I have splattered acrylic paint over my tile floor and on the walls. How can I remove it?
No bleach, please!





Peel as much as you can or scrap by using a palette knife.





Use regular rubbing alcohol with cotton balls to clean the residue

No comments:

Post a Comment