Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I want to install ceramic tile on a cement basement floor. It was painted but I have removed the paint.?

I think the floor is still too smooth and needs something else to bond the thinset to the floor. What would any one recommend?I want to install ceramic tile on a cement basement floor. It was painted but I have removed the paint.?
You should cheer up then you'd look like me! Forget about it. that thin set stuff will do the trick. Ive tiled whole restaurants , bathrooms and hallways even on top of other tile. It will hold! Call me if you need a bid eh?I want to install ceramic tile on a cement basement floor. It was painted but I have removed the paint.?
The thinset should work fine without any extra bonding agent. Use a good quality thinset mix. It already has bonding agent in it and will hold fine even on smooth concrete. Don't use the stuff that is premixed in buckets.





Lowe's and Home Depot sell very good quality thinset mix. They also sell some cheap stuff. Don't cut corners. Spend a few dollars more and get the better quality.
trust me if that cement is clean and oil free the thin set will take no other preparations are needed
  • kids hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment