Thursday, February 25, 2010

Is there a durable way to paint/stain commercial grade vinyl floor tile?

No; is certainly the basic answer. The reason is simple. I'm sure you'll get answers here; as I have seen hundreds of times; SURE...PRIME IT first; scuff it up; etc. Painting Vinyl is like painting tile; or even glass. It isn't porous. The paint has no where to go; but sit on top of the vinyl.





';CAN YOU?'; Certainly you can. Will you be satisfied over the long term? I doubt so. No offense but I wouldn't put my name on such a job.





Even Floor grade/ garage/ basement paints/stains, need a surface to adhere to; be absorbed by to some degree; and considering that a FLOOR gets as much abuse as a Wind Swept Mountain; I suspect you'll be unhappy.





Certainly there are many options; some more labor intensive and expensive than others; but I'm just one old man offering an experienced opinion.





Steven WolfIs there a durable way to paint/stain commercial grade vinyl floor tile?
NoIs there a durable way to paint/stain commercial grade vinyl floor tile?
Yes. See this site: http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/fc_vinyl/article/0,2037,DIY_13816_2274954,00.html





You will get lots of info if you Google: DIY paint vinyl flooring





This is something I'd like to try myself one day soon.
  • kids hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment